Computers and Technology
New Printing Policies for Pius Library and Medical Center Library
While SLU’s printing demands are large, a necessary balance needs to be maintained between demand and environmental sustainability. SLU’s initiative to become a more economical and efficient campus has brought necessary changes that will result in less paper use and less waste on campus.
In response to SLU’s eco-friendly initiative, you will notice new printers in the Pius and Medical Center libraries and new printing policies.
Printers will now default to double-sided (duplex). While this policy will impact a majority of students, this will be the only significant change in the printing systems. To modify this on a per-print basis, change the preferences within the print menu to be 1-sided instead of 2-sided.
New costs for printing are as follows:
1-sided black and white printing – $0.10 per side
2-sided black and white printing – $0.08 per side
1-sided color printing – $0.20 per side
2-sided color printing – $0.15 per side
(Note: The blank sides of 1-sided print jobs are not charged)
To print, swipe your SLU ID or copy card at the printer or release station, then select your job on the screen and print it. After the job is printed, be sure to log out.
Thank you for helping SLU to preserve our environment.
Instructions for Student Paid Printing
Pius Library has a variety of computers in our Academic Technology Commons. See http://lib.slu.edu/about/policies/atc for a list of available programs.
Laptops are also available for checkout by current SLU students, faculty or staff – see http://lib.slu.edu/about/policies/laptop
Copy and Print
- Print and photocopy conveniently using Billiken Bucks on your SLU ID card!
(Note: Billiken Bucks are NOT the same as FLEX Dollars)
- Add money directly to your ID card using the Billiken Bucks machine in Pius Library and the Medical Center Library. Denominations accepted are $1, $5, $10, and $20 bills in addition to credit cards.
- Add money to your Billiken Bucks account online using a credit card.
- Activate your Account at Parking and Card Services
- Sign into your MySLU account
- Click on the Tools tab
- Click on SLU Card eAccounts
- Follow the instructions to add funds to your Billiken Bucks account.
- Add money to your account using cash, check, or credit card by going to Parking and Card Services
- Departments can set up departmental cards to cover their printing and photocopying needs by contacting Parking and Card Services at email@example.com or 977-2957
- If you have questions or problems using your card, contact Parking and Card Services.
- Call 977-2957
- Go in person to
- DuBourg Hall 33
- Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org Please include the following information
- Banner ID number
- Your question or problem
Instructions for Connecting to the Wireless
To connect your laptop to SLUusers please see, Configuration Instructions for Billiken Wireless.