Custom E-Mail Alerts from Catalog
Examples of Search Types:
- You have a favorite novelist and you want to be notified whenever SLU Libraries get a book written by him or her.
- You're doing a long-term project on a topic and you want to be notified when SLU Libraries get any new book on that topic.
- You want to be notified whenever a new DVD about Mexico comes in.
- You will now be notified when books fitting the criteria of your search arrive in the SLU Libraries system.
- Searches are run every Monday, so you'll never get notices more often than that.
- If no new books matching your criteria are added to SLU Libraries in a given week, you will not receive an alert.
- Enter the SLU Libraries Catalog and click on the My Account link.
- Log in according to the instructions given on the page.
- Click the Search Catalog button.
- Search the SLU Libraries Catalog in whatever way you normally would, to produce your desired results - an author search, an advanced keyword search, etc.
- Click on the "Save as preferred search" button located to the right of the "Search" button.
- Click on "Return to your record" a the top of the screen.
- Click on the "Preferred Searches" button below your account information.
- You will see your search. Check the check-box in the "Mark for Email" column next to the search.
- Log out of your library account.