Pius XII Memorial Library currently has ten laptop computers that may be checked out for use inside Pius Library according to the policy listed below.
Eligibility: The following are eligible to borrow laptops from Pius Library:
- SLU students with a valid SLU ID
- All SLU faculty and staff with a valid SLU ID
All borrowers must read, accept, and agree to abide by this policy (PDF), adding their signature, date signed, and name printed (first name, last name) before equipment may be borrowed. The borrower will receive one copy of this policy. Pius Library will keep the original copy until the borrower has returned all items in working order. At that time, Pius Library will shred the original signed policy.
- Check out at Access Services (Circulation) Desk:
- Equipment includes a laptop computer, a battery, and a removable power cord.
- Equipment is loaned as a package.
- All items (laptop computer, battery, and removable power cord) will be checked-out in working order.
- All items must be returned together, at the same time, and in working order.
- Borrowing is offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Reservations are not available for future check-out.
- Loan Period: 4 hours, no renewals
- 25 cents per hour after the 4-hour loan period has expired.
- After 24 hours overdue, a billing/replacement fee of $2,020. will be assessed (includes a $5.00 non-refundable overdue charge).
- Return: All items must be returned together at the same time to Access Services (Circulation) Desk in Pius Library.
Borrowers are responsible for:
- the safe return of the laptop, battery, and removable power cord;
- not leaving the laptop unattended; and
- keeping food and drink at a safe distance from the equipment borrowed.
- A replacement fee of $2,020. (which includes a $5.00 non-refundable overdue charge) for a lost, stolen, damaged, or vandalized laptop will be assessed to the borrower of record.